Who doesn’t love a rich, warm chocolate in chocolate recipe? This Clean Eating molten lava cake recipe works well with the Clean Eating, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free lifestyle and for people not on a particular diet as well. (It’s dairy-free as long as you don’t consider butter dairy, which I do not. If you consider butter dairy, just substitute the butter with whatever butter substitute you like, such as a Vegan butter or coconut oil).
All people will love this if you so choose to make it for a crowd, family or party! Start it at the beginning of your cooking and let it do it’s magic while you cook and eat the rest of your dinner. Oat flour gives the perfect texture to this clean eating crock pot cake.
If you are worried that oats may not be totally gluten free make sure you use “certified gluten-free oats”. They can be purchased here or here. (Oats may cause a reaction in some celiacs. “While uncontaminated oats do not contain the same gluten as wheat, they contain a similar substance called avenin, which some individuals may not tolerate, however as a general rule, oat avenin is tolerated better than wheat or barley gluten”.)
Serve hot with a scoop of Clean Eating vanilla ice cream! We hope you give this new recipe a try and enjoy it! Subscribe to our blog if you would like to see future recipes and other posts from us!
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1½ Cups Coconut Palm Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted (substitute coconut oil if you don't eat butter)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Grease the bowl of a slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, butter, and vanilla to the bowl and whisk in until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the greased slow cooker and spread to level.
- In a small bowl, combine the ¾ C. Coconut Palm Sugar and the ½ C. Cocoa Powder.
- Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the honey and hot water.
- Pour over the top of the cake, cover with a lid, and cook on high for 1½-2 hours. Cake is done as soon as it is puffed and firm on the top. The liquid chocolate lava will be on the bottom of the cake.