Clean Eating Biscuits Recipe
These Clean Eating biscuits are easy, light and fluffy! I make these einkorn biscuits all the time because they go with so many different meals.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 2 cups White Einkorn Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 5 Tbsp Butter (cold and cut into cubes, Use vegan butter substitute for dairy-free option)
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk (or 3/4 cup Almond Milk with 2 teaspoons lemon juice whisked in for dairy-free option)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until is resembles very coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Pour the buttermilk into the well and gently mix it into the flour until a craggy dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and pat or roll it down until it is about 1 inch thick.
- Using a round cutter that is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter, cut circles out of the dough by pressing the cutter straight down and lifting it straight up. Do not twist or it will crimp the dough and cause the biscuits to not rise as well. Cut out dough rounds until all of the dough has been used.
- Place rounds two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Serve with gravy.
- Store extra biscuits in an airtight container.
Keywords: Einkorn flour, buttermilk, Clean Eating Biscuits