This is a clean eating really easy yellow curry recipe with chicken, zucchini, tomatoes and lots of other yummy ingredients that make it delicious.
This easy yellow curry recipe with chicken and veggies really is easy. I’ve made it tons of times, with lots of variations on this basic recipe. Here are some of the changes I like to make for variety:
- Chicken tenders or chicken breast works fine and takes a little less time to cook.
- The tomatoes aren’t authentic, but I think they work well and it gives it a nice burst of flavor.
- It can be served with a side of your choice, such as rice, quinoa or mashed cauliflower. It’s also good on it’s own like a soup.
- This traditionally has potatoes in it, but I like them out since I pretty much hate all potatoes. I would think a yukon gold would taste the best with this recipe.
- I often add veggies I have on hand that aren’t in this recipe, like red bell peppers
- A little fish sauce is good with this. I don’t like it sweet, but if you do, you could add a little pure maple syrup.
- Indian food is comfort food to me and like my Indian food HOT. If you do too, please feel free to add some cayenne pepper. Oh, I’m just getting in to hot sauce. I should try some of that on this . . .
- I really like the Spice Hunter curry better than any other I’ve tried. Trust me. All the Spice Hunter seasonings actually have flavor, unlike so many spices that I can barely taste when I put them in.
Please let me know if you try this recipe and if you have any favorite ways to eat it. Do you like your food spicy or mild?
If you like this Easy Yellow Curry Recipe, you may also like these recipes:
Easy Clean Eating Chicken Curry Recipe
This chicken curry recipe is easy and flavorful. I love to make it for quick weeknight meals.
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 8 pieces Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless), cut into 1"
- 1 Large Onion cut into large chunks
- 3 Small Zucchini cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tbl Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Coarse Real Salt
- 2 15 oz Cans Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Yellow or Red Grape Tomatoes
- Cilantro to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a stock pot to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until chicken pieces are browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, keeping the remaining oil in the stock pot.
Add the onion and zucchini and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, and salt and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken back into the pot, along with the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Top with cilantro.