Clean Eating Butter Pecan Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
All you need is a blender and frozen bananas, coconut milk, butter, pecans. I can’t believe how good this coconut milk ice cream tastes!
- Prep Time: 480 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 495 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 4 Bananas (the more ripe the better)
- 3 Tbl Grass-fed Butter (salted)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk Canned (chilled)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans chopped and toasted
- Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a sealed bag or container in the freezer overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the remaining 2 bananas into rounds at least 1/2″ thick.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium/high heat until the butter begins to foam and turn very lightly brown.
- Place the banana slices in the saute pan with the butter and cook until the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Flip slices over and brown on the other side.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas and butter to a container or thick ziploc bag(use a rubber spatula to scrape all the butter and browned bits in as well) and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas(both the caramelized and the un-caramelized)in a high-speed blender like a vitamix. A food processor would work, as well.
- Break up any large, stuck together pieces as best you can.
- Pulse the frozen bananas until they start to look like very large bread crumbs.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- You may have to scrape down the sides and press the banana crumbles down into the center a few times.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Mixture will be thick like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.
Keywords: bananas, coconut milk, pecans, Butter Pecan Ice Cream