This Clean Eating quick & easy cashew chicken recipe is all made in one pan and our whole family loves it. I mean who doesn’t love cashews? I often make this easy cashew chicken recipe recipe for my family of six. I love it because it’s comforting, yet light and flavorful at the same time. My children love it because it’s a little sweet and I love that they eat their veggies when they eat this. I mean, I’m not going to lie and say every one of my children eats every one of the veggies in this dish, but most of them do – and the ones that don’t are at least exposed to them and spend forever picking them out and give them to me so I’ll have more veggies.
My favorite part of this dish is the cashews. I often put way more than I’m supposed to. They are just so good and I love the crunch and saltiness from the cashews. I also love how the onions soak up the sauce and you get a really nice flavor-packed bite whenever you get an onion.
This easy roasted vegetables recipe is my #1 way to cook vegetables. I’m obsessed and you will be too. Try it with any recipe. Simple, Healthy Roasted Vegetables Recipe
If you like this Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe, you may also like these recipes:
I love that I can make this Clean Eating cashew chicken recipe really fast and my entire family loves it! We add or take away ingredients all the time, based on what we have and what we’re in the mood for that day.
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil, (divided)
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders (cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder (or cornstarch)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 Onion, (cut into thick cubes)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1 cup Cashew Halves
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onion
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Place the chicken and arrowroot powder in a bowl and toss until chicken is coated. Add the chicken to the hot pan of oil and saute until the chicken is golden on all sides, stirring every 20 seconds or so.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl. Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers have begun to soften. Add the chicken back in to the pan and mix in with the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, red pepper, and salt.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss with the chicken and vegetables. Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and 3/4 of the green onions.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top of the chicken and serve over cauliflower rice.